However, I think the latest attempt was even better and was the perfect end to this chilly day. I made it extra spicy by marinating the vegetables and chorizo in paprika and cayenne pepper overnight, but if you prefer a milder dish then just sprinkle a small bit in.
15 minutes preparation, 8-10 hours in the slow-cooker on low
Serves 3 (or 2 with leftovers)
You will need:
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5-6 medium potatoes (about 300g), in chunks
- 100g chorizo, chopped into semi circles
- Cayenne pepper
- Mixed herbs/basil
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 chicken thighs
- Flour (for seasoning)
- Sprinkle sugar
- Small splash white wine vinegar
- 400g passata
- 100g red wine
- Handful black olives (optional_
- Coriander (optional)
2. Cover the chicken in flour and brown before putting in the slow cooker. Add the veg/chorizo mix, passata, red wine, sugar and white wine vinegar.
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, adding the olives five minutes before the end. Top with coriander and serve.
Thanks to Bug, Bird and Bee for the Slow Cooker Sunday link up and the delicious looking 'Slow Cooker Pecan and Apricot Bread and Butter Pudding'.